JWDS-1632 16-32 Drum Sander
Shipping Fee of $99.00
Experience the Jet 16-32 Drum Sander upgrade and achieve an effortless finish! The innovative tool-less parallelism system keeps adjustments simple. The worktable is easily positioned by a turn of the parallelism dial. The variable-speed rate permits you to choose the optimal feed rate...
Items You May Need
Air Filtration System - Model AFS-1000BItem 815488
Cyclone Dust Collector - 1.5 HPItem 421813
Pre-Cut Sandpaper Wrap for 16-32 Drum Sanders - Multi-Grit - 4 PieceItem 161636
Infeed/Outfeed Tables for Jet 1632 and 1836 Drum SandersItem 868061
The innovative tool-less parallelism system keeps adjustments simple. The worktable is easily positioned by a turn of the parallelism dial. The variable-speed rate permits you to choose the optimal feed rate for a full range of projects, while the Sandsmart feature continuously monitors the load on the drum motor to prevent an overload situation.
- Sandsmart control continuously monitors the load on the drum motor and automatically regulates the speed of the conveyor motor to maintain the highest feed rate without overload
- Conveyor bed parallelism is easily adjusted by turning the dial on the outside of the bed - no tools required
- Parallelism adjust dial features a stop to quickly return the conveyor bed to a flat position
- Dust hood includes an integrated channel that mirrors the shape of the drum and directs chips and dust to the 4 collection port
- Precision-machined and dynamically balanced extruded aluminum drum is designed to dissipate heat and protect the work surface from heat-damage
- Die cast drum carriage design is optimized for rigidity to provide years of consistent quality
- Precision-flattened reinforced steel conveyor bed
- Redesigned conveyor system pulls the workpiece through the sander instead of pushing
- One rotation of the top-position handwheel adjusts the drum height by 1/16
- The relative depth scale on the handwheel allows the user to reset and measure the depth for every project
- Infinitely variable speed control of up to 10 feet per minute allows the user to choose the optimal feed rate
- Toolless abrasive take-up clips make changing abrasives quick and easy
- Snipe is virtually eliminated thanks to the adjustable tension rollers that apply downward pressure to the workpiece
- Separate feed and drum motors provide independent control, optimizing the performance of the sander
- Conveyor belt TRACKERS reduce the need for manual belt adjustments
- Motor: 115V, 1PH, 1-1/2HP, 14 Amp (recommended 20 Amp circuit)
- Conveyor Motor: 43 in-lb torque, direct drive, DC
- Coveyor Speed: 0-10 FPM
- Drum Speed: 1720 RPM
- Drum Size: 5" Diameter x 16" L
- Board Thickness: 1/32" - 3"
- Maximum Board Width: 32" in two passes
- Minimum Board Length: 2-3/8"
- Minimum CFM for Dust Collection: 400 CFM
- Dust Port Diameter: 4"
Shipping / Billing InformationAll shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Excellent Drum Sander
I owned one of these purchased through Woodcraft for several years. It is excellent. I made segmented bowls, segmented bracelets and cutting boards. Every time it worked flawlessly. I did add the infeed/outfeed tables and followed all guidelines for adjustments of conveyor, feed tables and sanding paper. I usually only turned the height adjustment a 1/8 turn and flipped over the piece every other pass. One time I had a small problem and call Jet and they immediately sent me another part that was working intermittently. Great service and great product - wish I had kept it when I moved.
JWDS-2244 Drum Sander with Open StandItem 165399
Oscillating Drum Sander with closed Stand, JWDS-2244OSCItem 166646
JWDS-2550 Drum Sander with Open StandItem 165400
Benchtop Drum Sander JWDS-1020Item 169616
Dual Drum Sander, Model DDS225Item 823896
JWDS-2550 Drum Sander with Closed StandItem 165401
1836 Drum Sander, Model JWDS-1836Item 423465
DDS-237, 37" Dual Drum Sander 7.5HP, 1PH, 230VItem 839779