Padauk - 3/4" x 5" x 36"
African Padauk (pterocarpus soyauxii) is a medium to hard wood, color can vary, ranging from a pale pinkish orange to a deep brownish red. Most pieces tend to start reddish orange when freshly cut, darkening substantially over time to a reddish/purplish brown. The grain is generally...
- Unique reddish orange color
- Excellent choice for outdoor use due to being highly resistant to decay and insect attack
- Glues, turns & finishes well (accepts both oil and water-based finishes)
- Native to Central and tropical West Africa
- Thickness: 3/4"
- Width: 5"
- Length: 36"
- (1) Padauk - 3/4" x 5" x 36" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
Articles & Blogs
Woodsense: Spotlight Padauk
There’s redwood, which grows in California, and then there’s RED wood. If it’s the color you’re after, definitely consider padauk.
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 171500
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 131550
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 06A55
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 171501
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 153700
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 178640
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 166605
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 178930
Rosewood, Patagonia - 3/4" x 5" x 36"Item 162048
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 171497