Purpleheart - 3/4" x 4" x 24"
Purpleheart (Peltogyne spp.) is a medium to hardwood with tight, fairly straight grain and moderate to coarse texture. Bright purple when cut, it darkens to a deep purplish brown. Purpleheart is a very strong wood that machines well with sharp tools. Turns and finishes well. The thinner...
Purpleheart (Peltogyne spp.) is a medium to hardwood with tight, fairly straight grain and moderate to coarse texture. Bright purple when cut, it darkens to a deep purplish brown. Purpleheart is a very strong wood that machines well with sharp tools. Turns and finishes well. The thinner boards are well-suited for edging, veneering, marquetry, sides for decorative boxes, bending stock and bent laminations, while the thicker boards are ideal for furniture, paneling, cabinet doors, moldings, drawer sides and fine jewelry boxes.
- Bright purple when cut, it darkens to a deep purplish brown
- Dimensionally stable hardwood with fairly straight grain
- Turns and finishes well
- Native to Central and South America
- Thickness: 3/4”
- Width: 4”
- Length: 24”
- (1) Purpleheart - 3/4" x 4" x 24" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- ¼" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Woodcraft replaced damaged board.
Wood wea not consistant in color and the second in order was not only bowed but was cracked on one end. Crack was just short of 5 inches and went completely through wood. Called about sending back but was told that piece would be replaced. Three days later a good replacement arrived. Maybe I should give 5 star? But rated this on initial shipment.
These will be used mixed with other woods for a display table for behind the couch ( can't remember what they are called. I like all wood...and metal
Each piece is cut as measured and edges are true, straight and square. Thanks. Being used for a pair of octagonal speaker enclosures for a high end full range 7 inch speakers. This wood was chosen not only for it's density but also its colour.
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 153700
Purpleheart - 3/4" x 3" x 18" - 2 PackItem 176218
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 153699
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 153701
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 839671
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 50X77
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 131613
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 180677
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 131551
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 166200